How to recover deleted iPhone data without iTunes backup?
Nov 23rd, 2012
- “I accidentally deleted photos from my iPhone 4, and forgot to back them up with iTunes before. Now I need them urgently, I’m wondering if there is any way possible to recover data from iPhone without iTunes backup. Please recommend me a Windows tool if it works. I’ll be really grateful if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.” – Danny
- If you lost iOS device data that have not been backed up, do not be that desperate, as nowadays, new technology that can recover iPhone data without iTunes backup has been developed. You can recover data from iPhone directly.
- Why you can recover data from iPhone directly? – iPhone storage card is very similar to a computer’s hard disk. iPhone doesn’t permanently erase a file once been deleted or removed from the hard drive; instead it removes the file from the drive and lists its space as available and re-usable space. Therefore until that space is overwritten by new data, your deleted files are still there and can be recovered! So the key point to recover deleted data from iPhone is to carry out iPhone data recovery immediately when you find file loss, and you will be almost guaranteed to have your files back.
- To recover data from iPhone without iTunes backup, you will certainly need an iPhone data recovery tool. Hodo iPhone Data Recovery is the first data recovery tool for iPhone/iPad/iPod. Now it can only help to directly recover data from iPad 1, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4. If you lost data from other iOS devices, as the new iPad, iPad 2, or iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, you have to recover their data from iTunes backup.
- Free download Hodo iPhone Data Recovery for iPhone 4
- Free download Hodo iPhone Data Recovery for iPhone 3GS
- Launch Hodo iPhone Data Recovery, connect your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS to the computer. When your iPhone is detected, you’ll get the interface below.
Step 1 Connect iPhone 4/3GS to the computer
- Follow steps below to enter the DFU mode and scan your iPhone for lost data.
- a. Hold your iPhone and click “Start” button in the interface of Hodo iPhone Data Recovery.
- b. Hold “Power” and “Home” buttons on your iPhone at the same time for exact 10 seconds. The software will count time for you.
- c. When 10 seconds passed, release the “Power” button right away, but keep holding the “Home” button. After another 10 seconds, you’ll be informed that you’ve successfully entered the DFU mode, and now you can release the “Home” button.
- Then the software begins scanning your iPhone automatically for lost data, and you’ll get the interface as follow.
Step 2 Enter the DFU mode and scan your iPhone 4/3GS
- When the scan completes, all data you can get from your iPhone will be displayed in categories. If you only want to retrieve deleted data from iPhone, slide the button at the bottom to only display the deleted items.
- Preview the files to check what you want. Mark them, and click “Recover” button to save them all on your computer with one click.
Step 3 Preview & recover data directly from iPhone 4/3GS
- That is the easiest way to recover iPhone data without iTunes backup you will find.