How to recover iPhone contacts with or without iTunes backup?
Nov 26th, 2012
- It is fashionable and cool to have an iPhone. But have you ever accidentally deleted contacts on your iPhone, or the iPhone got stolen, broken and you lost all contacts? When you are at these conditions, try either one of below guides to recover iPhone contacts.
- You can recover contacts from iPhone backup since the last synchronization with iTunes. Run through the following 4 easy steps on how to recover contacts on iPhone:
- Step 1 Connect iPhone to computer with a USB cable. Once connected, do not allow your phone to automatically sync with iTunes. Otherwise, you will no longer be able to recover contacts from iPhone backup.
- Step 2 Right click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.
- Step 3 Select Restore From Backup…
- Step 4 Choose the backup you wish to sync and click the Restore button. This will restore any data you have backed up, including the deleted or lost contacts.
- Note: Be aware this process restores the old contacts, calendars, notes, text messages, and settings, it does not revert to prior iPhone firmware or baseband, nor does it restore all factory settings.
Way 1 – Recover iPhone contacts by restoring iTunes backup
- What if you have not backed up contacts in iTunes? Then, you should make use of iPhone data recovery tool, which can retrieve iPhone contacts directly.
- If you have a Windows PC, Hodo iPhone Data Recovery is the best one you would prefer. Hodo iPhone Data Recovery is an all-in-one Apple device data recovery tool, which can recover photos & videos, contacts, SMS, call logs, memos and calendars, even Safari bookmarks for iPhone/iPad/iPod, from either device memory or iTunes backup file.
- When you lost iPhone contacts just before, and did not write any data to iPhone, you can adopt “Recover from iOS device” option from Hodo iPhone Data Recovery.
Way 2 – Recover contacts from iPhone
- Here is how to recover contacts on iPhone in direct way.
- Step 1 Connect iPhone 4/3GS to Windows computer
- Free download Hodo iPhone Data Recovery, run it. Connect your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS to the computer. When your iPhone is detected, you’ll get the interface below.
- Tip: The direct iPhone data recovery way only applies to iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. If you have to recover contacts from iPhone 5/4S/3G, choose “Recover from iTunes Backup File” option.
- Step 2 Enter the DFU mode to scan lost data
- Follow steps shown on interface to enter the DFU mode.
- Then the software begins scanning your iPhone automatically for lost contacts, and you’ll get contact list as follow.
- Step 3 Preview & recover contacts for iPhone 4/3GS
- Preview and mark the contacts you want. If you only want to retrieve deleted contacts from iPhone, slide the button at the bottom to only display the deleted items.
- Click “Recover” button to save them all on your computer with one click.
- If you have to recover iPhone contacts on Mac computer, you need iTunes backup of iPhone and Data Recovery for iTunes.