Guides on how to recover music from iPad 1/iPad 2/New iPad
Dec 11th, 2012
- Apple has released iPad mini and iPad four generation on November 2, 2012. It is a pretty cool experience to listen to music, shoot and watch video, play games and view photos with iPad powerful entertainment function. But sometimes you may just perform wrong operation and accidentally remove some of your favorite videos, movies, songs or other kind of data.
- Such as this question: “How can I recover iPad deleted songs? I delete all songs on my friend’s iPad by accident. Is it possible for me to get these wrongly deleted songs back? It would be better to recover music from iPad directly if possible. It is urgent. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.”
- If it is iPad 1, recover iPad music with Hodo iPad Data Recovery is the best choice, as it can recover music from iPad directly without needing any other items. To make a successful iPad music recovery, you must not use iPad after file loss.
- Download Hodo iPad Data Recovery on a Windows PC and follow the guide on how to recover music iPad 1.
- Step 1 Enter the DFU mode
- Once you launch Hodo iPad Data Recovery, it will show “Recover from iOS Device” mode by default. Just follow the 3 simple steps showed on the interface to enter the DFU mode and scan your connected iPad 1.
- Step 2 Select iPad songs
- After a little while, you will see the scanning results in different categories. Slide the icon at the bottom to “only display the deleted items”. Then you can easily find and mark the deleted songs from iPad 1.
- Step 3 Recover iPad music
- After choosing all your wanted songs, click “Recover” button at the lower right corner to start iPad music recovery.
Solution for iPad 1 users
- You can also use Hodo iPad Data Recovery to recover music for iPad 2/New iPad, but the precondition is that you have backed the lost music files in iTunes. For Mac users, you can try Data Recovery for iTunes to extract music from iPad backup in iTunes.
- Here takes Data Recovery for iTunes for example to recover iPad music on Mac.
- Step 1 Select iPad backup to scan
- After installing and running the program on your Mac, you’ll get all your iDevice backups in the list. Select the one for your iPad and continue to “Start Scan” the details of the backup for preview and recovery.
- Important: Don’t connect your iPad with iTunes to prevent lost files being overwritten.
- Step 2: Recover music from iPad backup
- Then all the backed up files of your iPad are scanned out and displayed as original. Preview, check and recover your deleted iPad songs as well as notes, photos, videos, contacts or calendar.
Solution for iPad 2/New iPad users
- 1. The way to recover music iPad from iTunes backup file with Hodo iPad Data Recovery is similar as above steps. Refer to Hodo iPad Data Recovery guide for detailed instructions.
- 2. iPad mini and iPad 4 will be supported by Hodo iPad Data Recovery and Data Recovery for iTunes soon. The direct data recovery mode for more iOS devices is also on its way.