Free tools to recover deleted files from SD card
Dec 12th, 2012
- What is the best way to recover deleted photos, videos, and music from an SD card from my Canon camera? I accidently pressed a wrong button, and presto, a lot of photos, and videos disappeared. I don’t know whether I can recover deleted files from SD card. Any SD recovery information and solution will be very welcome, especially the solutions that you have personally used and have had success with. Thank you very much in advance.
- Immediately stop using your SD card. If you are much more cautious, plug the SD card out of the device like digital camera, camcorder, mobile phone or even game console, etc, and put it in safe place. Never let the slim SD card have any chance to suffer physical damage.
First things first
- A couple of free and paid tools can recover pictures from SD card. Let me introduce one by one.
- Tool 1: Recuva (freeware)
- Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/recuva) is a completely freeware to recover files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. Besides SD card recovery, it also helps you securely delete files you want to erase forever.
- It provides a portable version for you to recover deleted files from SD card anywhere without installation. What is more, Recuva has support for every modern version of Windows and 37+ languages.
- Tool 2: Free File Recovery (freeware)
- Free File Recovery (http://www.avnmedia.com/free_file_recovery.html) is a freeware Windows utility to restore all types of files, office documents, images, video, music, email, anything, from removable media (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, Digital cameras, Floppy disks, Jaz Disks, Sony Memory Sticks, Compact Flash cards, Smart Media Cards, Secure Digital Cards, etc.) and external ZIP drives, Firewire and USB Hard drives, no matter the file is deleted, formatted, or removed by virus attack or power failure.
- Tool 3: Photo Recovery (shareware)
- If you failed to recover pictures from SD card with the freeware, professional SD recovery shareware will be your last choice. Among the various tools, Photo Recovery is proven by millions of users to be the one of best.
- Photo Recovery offers Windows users a great way to recover lost, deleted or formatted photos, music, video files and other multimedia files from digital camera, external hard drives, laptops and desktop, USB Drives, and memory cards. And Mac Photo Recovery is provided for Mac users.
- Free download Photo Recovery and follow the steps to recover deleted files from SD card.
- Step 1 Connect your SD card to computer and run Photo Recovery. Click on the Recover Photo, Audio, & Video button.
- Step 2 Select the drive for SD card and click Scan Now.
- If you only need to recover pictures from SD card, click Advance Scan button. In the new window, click Photo on the right and select picture formats to be recovered. Then hit Scan Now.
- Step 3 During scanning, this SD card recovery tool provides a simultaneous preview of recoverable files. And after scanning, all recoverable files are listed in a tree view. Select the files you need to recover and click “Recover” button at the bottom to start SD recovery.