How to recover data from iPod Touch when it is damaged?
Nov 21st, 2012
- If your iPod Touch is damaged by water, pressure and ruined by other kind of damage, you may lose iPod Touch data. Then is it possible to recover data from broken iPod Touch? Generally, as long as iPod Touch can enter DFU mode, the data can be retrieved.
- Check if your iPod Touch can enter DFU mode as below steps:
- 1. Hold your iPod Touch and click “Start” button in the interface.
- 2. Hold “Power” and “Home” buttons at the same time when you click “Start”, for exact 10 seconds. The program will remind you the time.
- 3. When time ends, release “Home” button and you’ll be informed that you’ve get into the DFU mode successfully or not.
- If the iPod Touch can enter DFU mode, then you can recover broken iPod Touch data directly with a data recovery tool. If your iPod Touch cannot enter the DFU mode, but you’ve ever backed up iPod Touch data with iTunes before it’s broken, then you can recover iPod Touch data from iTunes.
- No matter which condition iPod Touch is in, you need an iPod Touch data recovery program – Hodo iPod Data Recovery, to either recover data from broken iPod Touch directly, or recover broken iPod Touch data from iTunes backup file.
- Download the free trial version of Hodo iPod Data Recovery on a Windows computer, to check if it will scan out your lost data.
- Step 1 Connect broken iPod Touch to the computer
- Launch Hodo iPod Data Recovery, connect your broken iPod Touch to the computer, and you will see the interface as follow.
- Step 2 Enter the DFU mode with your broken iPod Touch
- When your iPod Touch is detected by the program, follow the steps showed above to get into the DFU mode. When you succeeded, Hodo iPod Data Recovery will begin scanning your iPod Touch data.
- Step 3 Preview & recover iPod Touch data
- When the scan completes, you can get well-organized photos, videos, contacts, messages, call history, notes, voice memos, etc. Check, preview and mark those you want and click “Recover”.
- Recover iPod Touch data and save them all on your computer with one click in seconds.
Method 1: Recover data from broken iPod Touch directly
- 1. Scan iPod Touch backup
- When launching Hodo iPod Data Recovery, switch to “Recover from iTunes Backup File”. Select your iPod Touch and click “Start Scan” to begin iTunes backup extracting.
- 2. Preview and check data founded
- After the scan, all iPod Touch data backed up by iTunes can be found and displayed in categories. Preview and mark the files you want to recover.
- 3. Recover iPod Touch data
- Hit “Recover” button at the bottom, save the recovered data to computer, and then sync it to a device as you like.
Method 2: Recover broken iPod Touch data from iTunes backup file
- Tip: For Mac users, you can recover broken iPod Touch data from iTunes backup file with Data Recovery for iTunes.