How to recover iPod Touch photos with Hodo iPod Data Recovery?
November 20th, 2012
If you have deleted photos from iPod Touch already, but later found the photos are needed, instead of feeling regretful about that, you can do something to recover iPod Touch photos just in a few minutes.
There are basically two iPod Touch photo recovery ways: 1. recover photos from iPod Touch directly, as long as no file overwriting after photo loss; 2. Extract and recover iPod Touch photos from last iTunes backup.
Why it is possible to recover deleted photos from iPod Touch directly?
When you delete photos, these files are not erased permanently from iPod Touch storage card. Photos are just being removed from visibility, thus user can now re-use the space they were taking up. So unless you’ve overwritten the space they occupied with new files, your invisible files remain on the card. That means, once you accidentally delete photos, run the iPod Touch photo recovery software immediately, you will get the deleted photos without any difficulty.
Why it is possible to recover iPod Touch photos from iTunes backup?
Every time you sync iPod Touch with iTunes, it will automatically backup all the contents on iPod Touch to iTunes. So as long as the deleted photos have been backed up at the most recent backup, you can use iTunes backup extractor to recover deleted photos for iPod Touch.
What are the iPod Touch photo recovery software and iTunes backup extractor?
Actually they come from one program – Hodo iPod Data Recovery (works on Windows), which is a full featured iPhone/iPad/iPod data recovery tool, can recover photos & videos, contacts, SMS, call logs, memos and calendars, even Safari bookmarks from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS, iPad, and iPod Touch. It has a Mac version – Data Recovery for iTunes that do iPhone/iPad/iPod data recovery from iTunes backup on Mac.
How to recover deleted photos from iPod Touch directly?
First things first: Don’t use your iPod Touch for anything, if you want to directly scan and recover photos from iPod Touch.
Free download and install Hodo iPod Data Recovery on a Windows PC, and then do as below iPod photo recovery steps to check the deleted photos.
Connect iPod Touch to the Windows computer and run Hodo iPod Data Recovery, then you’ll get the sleek interface.
1. Click “Start” button in the interface of Hodo iPod Data Recovery.
2. Hold “Power” and “Home” buttons on iPod Touch at the same time for exact 10 seconds. The Software will count time for you.
3. When 10 seconds passed, release the “Power” button right away, but keep holding the “Home” button. After another 10 seconds, you’ll be informed that you’ve successfully entered the DFU mode and then you can release the “Home” button.
4. Then the software begins scanning iPod Touch automatically for lost photos. When the scan finishes, all found data are displayed in categories. Mark the photos you want in camera roll, photo stream, or photo library.
5. Click “Recover” button to recover photos from iPod Touch.