Top 2 ways to recover music from iPod effectively
Nov 22nd, 2012
- Did you accidentally delete some valuable music off your iPod? If you are an iPod fan who listens to music every day, you will clearly know the pain that iPod music loss causes. In case you have not backed up the music in neither iTunes library nor computer, what you will do? Re-purchase and download the songs one by one? No, it is unworthy and too troublesome.
- Actually you may consider iPod music recovery, because of the way iPod drives are built, the music deleted on your iPod haven’t been lost forever, there’s still a great chance to recover music from iPod Touch, iPod classic, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle, and iPod Nano.
- Important: To increase iPod music recovery success rate, DO NOT UPLOAD ANY MORE FILES ON THE iPOD, once you have realized you lost songs.
- 1. Open iTunes on your computer and click on “Edit” then “Preferences.” Click on the “Devices” tab then check the box next to “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically.” Click “OK.”
- 2. Connect your iPod to your computer. When the iPod appears in iTunes left panel, click on it, then click on the “Summary” tab in the main window, check “Enable Disk Use” box, and then click “Apply.”
- 3. Open iPod in “Computer” as a removable drive. Make computer to show hidden folders: Press “Alt+T”, click “Folder Options”, in the “View” tab of “Folder Options” window, check “Show hidden files, folders and drives”, then click “OK.” Then “iPod_Control” folder will be shown, open “Music” folder in it.
- 4. You will find files labeled with alphanumeric codes rather than song titles. Copy the files in “Music” folder to a new folder in computer. Play and rename each song.
- 5. When renaming is done, add this folder to the iTunes library and sync music files to your iPod.
- To recover deleted music on iPod quickly and free you from a heavy burden of renaming, make use of iPod music recovery software. The award winning software – Hodo iPod Data Recovery, one of the best iOS device data recovery tools is highly recommended.
- Hodo iPod Data Recovery can recover photos & videos, music, contacts, SMS, call logs, memos and calendars, even Safari bookmarks successfully from iPhone (including iPhone 5), iPad, and iPod. It is compatible with all generations of iPod classic, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano and iPod Touch. It supports recovering music in various formats, such as MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, AAC, AIF(AIFF), M4A, MID, etc.
- For Mac users, recover iPod music with Data Recovery for iTunes.
- 1. Download Hodo iPod Data Recovery and install it on a Windows computer.
- 2. Connect the iPod Touch to your computer. Run Hodo iPod Data Recovery, and do as the instructions showed on the interface to enter iPod DFU mode.
- Once iPod successfully enters DFU mode, Hodo iPod Data Recovery will start scanning your iPod.
- 3. Find you lost music files in the categories, and click “Recover” button to recover music from iPod.
- Tip: If you have made iPod backup in iTunes, choose “Recover from iTunes Backup File” option. Read detailed steps on how to recover music from iPod with iTunes Backup File in Hodo iPod Data Recovery guide.